Wednesday 30 January 2013

A Tale of two Tassels

Maybe it is the cold weather, but I've been knitting quite a bit lately - making scarves to warm the necks of friends and coworkers as fast as I can. I've also managed to start using up some of the yarn sitting in my cupboards that has been given to me by friends and coworkers. Choosing the yarn, however, is just the first step. Then I have to choose a pattern, and then, with scarves, whether or not to add tassels. 

But sometimes it isn't just a decision about whether to tassel or not, but what to call those tassels... Are they tassels? Or a fringe? (Or just a really good way to use up the very last bit of the yarn?) 

I give you two takes:

Triangles and tassels (to warm the neck of a certain nomadic South African)






and cabled tassels (to warm the neck of a male coworker)




6 comments:

  1. When are you starting your etsy store! Your knitting is great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo, she has to open a restaurant first! ^^

      Delete
    2. Jo - thanks for the compliment, but knitting is something I do for fun and given how long it takes to knit something I'd have to charge crazy prices to try and actually make money. But I do enjoy knitting, especially when (like Rurousha), the recipient really does appreciate the finished product! And, I'd never actually sell anything as (again, as Rurousha discovered) it doesn't take much to convince me to knit something for you if you ask nicely!

      Delete
    3. And Ru - the restaurant/B&B/inn/whatever? Before that can happen I want to do a phd and have a career and a few kids (not necessarily in that order!!)

      Delete
  2. Triangles and a fringe! Of course!

    Thank you so much for my gorgeous scarf! I'm off to work in a few minutes, and the scarf is already lying on the sofa, waiting for me.

    PS: Last night a female colleague asked me, "Where did you buy that?" I gave an evil grin and said, "Canada." Nah, I didn't leave her in suspense; I explained where I got it. :)

    PPS: Thank heavens you didn't publish the tongue shot! :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tongue shot is safely deleted, never you fear, but the peace sign shot is adorable and rather tempting to post... ;)

      Delete