Monday 12 November 2012

Knitting!

I finally finished the mammoth afghan for our sofa, or at least the knitting component. But that left me with a dilemma - what to knit? I didn't have any baby knitting that needed doing and thus found myself digging through my yarn stash. I didn't get any inspiration as to a project, but I couldn't stop petting two skeins of handpainted yarn in a glorious soft silk/mohair mix. Soft and ever so pretty - a mix of blues and purples and pinks. Not really my colours, so I knew I'd be knitting and gifting, but absolutely gorgeous and after endless months of knitting with rough wool in dull dull colours, it was a delight to knit, sadly a short lived one as it knit up in no time!

I ended up with a cowl/scarf that is soft and light and pretty and about to be put into a box and mailed off to a wonderful friend who I have not seen in far too long. I hope she enjoys it half as much as I enjoyed knitting it!





 

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful ajisai colours!

    PS: What are your colours? Black and white, like penguins? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are gorgeous colours, eh?! I didn't think of ajisai, but the pics are of it hanging on an ajisai... unfortunately without any flowers given the time of year!!

      I'm more greens than pinks, but do like blues as well.

      More to the point, however, what are YOUR colours? ;) Can I interest you in a scarf/shawl/cowl to keep your southern blood warm through the cold northern winter? ;)

      Delete
  2. Wow - that is awesomely beautiful - I love the colours!
    hugs,
    C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and thank you for the yarn!! It was absolutely delicious to knit with!!

      Delete