Friday 29 June 2012

Ajisai - Take four

It has taken me way too long to get these pics up, but here goes one last ajisai post as the flowers come to the end of their season...

When Rurousha wrote about the best hydrangea gardens in Tokyo I knew I had to visit at least a couple, which is why,  one day after work found me toddling off to Hakusan Jinja.  It was a bit dark by the time I got there, and I had to keep dodging couples who were... well... not quite so keen on flowers as I was...

But the hydrangeas were gorgeous! Asukayama may have numbers and it certainly is beautiful, but  Hakusan Jinja has variety - wine red, white, speckled, stars, curled little flowers...












 



2 comments:

  1. Did you notice the tiny Inari shrine next to the main shrine, where the god of fertility resides? Perhaps he affected the behaviour of the non-flower-loving couples! ;)

    After long contemplation, I've decided the speckled flowers are the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well there was one couple who looked like they could use a little divine assistance!

      The speckled ones, eh? I like the ones with a mass of small curled flowers, but the multi-coloured ones are a close second!

      I'm going to have to go back again next year, it was just too dark and windy when I was there - one camera doesn't like dark, the other doesn't like wind, and I'm left with far too many blurry and black photos!

      Delete