Wednesday 3 June 2009

Swirly Whirly 2

This was actually the first of the two corkscrew scarves I knit, needing the near instant gratification of a smaller project and the mindless simplicity of garter stitch. I had a few issues with running out of yarn before I had fully finished, so I had to rip back and rework a few things, but eventually got it figured out.



The recipient is a friend from school, a year ahead of me she graduated this past March and has now been working for a few months. She says she enjoys it but wishes she were back at school. Although to me it sounded more like she missed the social aspect of school than actually taking classes! She made me promise we'd soon go for green tea lattes at our favourite tea shop near campus.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, cool-looking, but if I just glanced at your friend, I might have been terrified at the gigantic caterpillar around her neck! Cath

    ReplyDelete