Friday 22 May 2009

Swirly Whirly

After two large knitting projects taking up my time I decided I needed something quick and easy. I wanted instant gratification and I wanted to use up some yarn - a shaggy purple and black mix I was given for my birthday and almost the last bit of my huge stash of basic black. I saw a corkscrew scarf at an SnB and decided it would be the perfect project. This was actually the second one I knit up, the first hasn't found its way to the recipient yet. I had to rip it back a few times, before I figured out the right length, but overall both were quick and easy projects.





The recipient is in her first term of an MA and is finding it a bit rough, so it was good to see her smile. It is warm and is starting to get a bit humid here in Tokyo, so she won't likely be wearing her new scarf, even if it is only an accessory, but she said she was looking forward to the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment