Tuesday 14 April 2009

Manners Schmanners

Tokyo Metro has apparently decided to continue on with their "Please do it..." series.

Meh... No comment...

******

The Tobu's fairy tale themed manner poster had me at a loss. I couldn't figure out the story behind the picture. A guy with a crown and huge brown ears, two old-fashioned looking elderly train passengers, and a guy with a work apron and... scissors?! Was he going to chop off the big ears of the guy who was being rude and talking on his phone on the train? That seemed a little gory for me and for the polite company of elderly passengers who frequent the train I ride. What do you think?


The poster reads "Dear Prince, your conversation while riding the train is more noticeable than your donkey ears."

I was intrigued, so I turned to my good friend Google and in put "donkey ear" thankfully everything I came up with was clean, but nothing looked promising. So I switched languages and after a few clicks found a Japanese site of Aesop's fables, listing one that roughly translates as "The Kings Ears are Donkey Ears." A few more clicks and I found this, a animated version of "The Ears of King Midas."



The Internet is a wonderful thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment