Friday 19 December 2008

Serves Me Right

Karma.

Sigh.

I really should have known better.

Sigh.

I'm taking a library services course with two other guys in my department. A number of weeks back the professor asked one of the guys to write a piece for the annual report of our university's librarian certificate program. The student in question has a background working with individuals with disabilities and spent part of the summer assisting a man with severe cerebral palsy who enrolled in the intensive summer librarian certificate program. The student was asked to write a report on his experiences over the summer and his push to start a disability services office at our university. The teacher also made some mention about asking the other student to write a piece, but nothing further was said. A week or so later, at a department party, the other student was complaining about not knowing whether he was to write something, but not wanting to ask in case he then had to and he was hoping he didn't have to.

I teased him.

I pretended to comiserate with him and then said that the only thing that was clear was that the prof hadn't asked me to write anything.

Yeah.

I really should have known better.

The following week in class the professor asked me to write up my presentations - on specific terminology used in definitions in Japanese law concerning museums and libraries.

Karma.

I, of course, am completely unable to say no and love a challenge.

My classmate was kind enough not to laugh at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment